47(A)(2) SPECIAL NON-IMMIGRANT VISA* - for visitors proceeding to the Philippines under special laws
47(a)(2) 特殊非移民签证— 针对根据特别法律规定前往菲律宾的访客
A special non-immigrant visa is issued to qualified foreigners coming to the Philippines as professors, scholars, trainees, fellows, students, technical personnel, volunteers, and other participants of certain entities and programs under the auspices of particular institutions, agencies, foundations, and corporations recognized by the Philippines.
- Original and photocopy of passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond authorized period of stay in the Philippines
- Duly accomplished non-immigrant visa application FA Form No. 2 with 3.3cm x 4.8 cm photo (in white background) of the applicant in decent attire taken within the last six (6) months. Photo must be pasted in the designated box in the application form
Paper application form (F.A. Form No. 2 for Chinese nationals): https://guangzhoupcg.dfa.gov.ph/images/2019/forms/VISA_APPLICATION_FOR_CHINESE_NATIONALS.pdf
Paper application form (F.A. From No. 2 for Other nationals): https://guangzhoupcg.dfa.gov.ph/images/2016/Forms/VAFF.pdf
- Letter of Endorsement from the accepting company or organization based in the Philippines and duly notarized by a Philippine notary public
- Original and copy of Medical Certification (DFA Form No. 11) duly accomplished by any physician whose signature must be notarized by a notary public. Must be submitted together with a standard-size chest x-ray film and laboratory reports. Medical report must be valid for at least six (6) months prior to date of filing of application. This document must undergo authentication by relevant Foreign Affairs Office (FAO), then for authentication by the Philippine Consulate General. Additional charges will apply)
- Original and copy of Police Clearance Certificate issued by competent Chinese authorities and duly notarized by a notary public. The visa application must be filed within six (6) months from the date the Police Clearance Certificate is obtained. This document must undergo authentication by relevant FAO, then for authentication by the Philippine Consulate General. Additional charges will apply)
- Copy of flight itinerary or booking
- Payment of visa processing fees
Additional documents may be required if and when deemed necessary by the visa officer.
For 47(A)(2) SPECIAL NON-IMMIGRANT VISA* - for visa issuance of foreign workers under IATF Resolution No. 131-A dated 16 August 2021
Consistent with IATF resolutions, beginning 01 August 2021, eligible foreign workers may be issued 9(g) and 47(a)(2) visas provided approved application has been secured from the Bureau of Immigration (BI) and Department of Justice (DOJ), respectively, and an appropriate visa authority has been issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs – Office of Consular Affairs (DFA-OCA). The Consulate General will only be able to issue visas only after receiving authority from the DFA-OCA.
1. Duly accomplished visa application form (FA Form 2) with 3.3cm and 4.8 cm photo in white background
2. Original and photocopy of passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond the period of stay in the Philippines
3. Photocopy of the National ID (if applicable)
4. Visa processing fee
5. Personal Appearance
Additional documents may be required if and when deemed necessary by the Visa Officer.
- For those issued 47a2 visas – The endorsing government agency shall report to the Department of Justice (DOJ) within seven (7) days from last day of quarantine/isolation, the fact of foreign worker’s arrival for monitoring purposes.